Greeting people a very important role. Greeting can be formal or informal. Informal greetings are almost as limited as formal.
- On every informal occasion, it is a trend to greet an intimate friend with ‘Hello’. This greetings are directly connected with the tone in which you talk. Some people use the term ‘Hello’ to call people. But remember that ‘Hello’ is spoken, not called out except between intimate friends who call each other by the first name.
- Gentlemen always shake hands when they are introduced to each others. Ladies rarely do so with gentlemen who are introduced to them but they usually do it with other ladies. If they are standing close by. ‘Hand-shake’ is the first physical contact that is shared between a gentleman and lady.
- Handshake often creates a feeling at an extreme level. Either it creates a feeling of irritation or liking between two strangers. A proper handshake is made briefly, but there should be a feeling of strength and warmth. While introducing you at the corporate meet, business etiquette for greetings dictates that people stand up whom being introduced.
- Smile, make an eye contact and introduced you. Do not assume that someone else will take charge of the introductions. Pay attention to names and always introduce thjuniors to seniors.
- Mastering the act of greeting etiquette might see complex, but it is still appropriate to respect all the formal and also the informal garroting mannerisms. Correctly used ‘salutation’ is defining area of business etiquettes. Greeting in the written communication like emails should be absolutely to the point. It carries your name with it.
- Every day we encounter verity of business and social situations. The manner in which we meet and interact creates a lasting impression. In any business meet, always introduce yourself to people sitting next to you.
- The manner in which you introduce or respond to someone is just as important as making the introduction.